Considering that our bodies and the planet we live on are all majority comprised of water, it further hint towards water’s essential importance in our live. Water is one of fundamental sources of sustainability in our lives. The human body is about 60% water and The average human adult can only survive three-five days without it.
It is recommended by health gurus to consume at least 8 8 oz (8×8 rule) glasses of water a day in order to combat dehydration from sweat and urine. Dehydration is a common condition that affects the majority of the population. It’s the silent killer because it greatly affects your without the sensation of feeling “thirsty.”
Increasing your water intake promotes:
- Rapid cell growth
- Healthy brain function
- A decrease in constipation and a healthy bowel movement system
- Healthy Skin
- Increased Stamina
Neglecting the recommended water intake levels causes the opposite reaction. Less water causes a the body to either shut down or work less efficiently.
What is Alkaline Water?
Maybe you’ve heard of some of the top 10 alkaline water brands like Essentia and Fiji but you couldn’t wrap your head around why a different type of water was getting so much attention. Because, hey all water is the same right: wrong! Although water is the definite go-to healthy drink of all time, it unfortunately isn’t the only available drink out there anymore. As we have evolved to create dishes with all of our favorite ingredients, so has our ability to do the same with beverages. The act of processing has become a very controversial debate among the wellness community.
With more available unhealthy choices like sugar filled sodas, juice, and dairy products, its rather tough these days maintaining the bland and tasteless healthy alternative.
Even more frightening is the recent study into the what’s the difference between processed filtered water and for example, a natural stream in a forest.
The term “Alkaline water” refers to a source of drinking water that is less acidic than the kind thats consumed today:”Alkaline water is water that’s less acidic than regular tap water. This means it is rich in alkalizing compounds, including calcium, silica, potassium, magnesium, and bicarbonate. “(Healthline.com) Using the pH level, which is a scale to determine how acidic or alkaline a water source may be, one can identify alkaline water from its acidic counterpart. The water most of the population consumes today contain neutral pH levels of 6 or below. The trusted top 10 alkaline water brands range from 7 and above.
With the wide spread of advocates for alkaline water, the scientific research has yet to fully catch up to the hype. Alkaline water is considered to stabilize the acid in your bloodstream to help the body breakdown nutrients more efficiently. However, Even though there are numerous claims stating it’s many healthy benefits, there is not enough research to make this claim.
- Due to the alkalized nature of the water, its been proven to increase absorption by hydrating the body in ways regular acidic water cannot.
- Considered to slow down the aging process by filtering out the free radicals in the body that break down DNA causing cells to age.
- Testimonies account to major relief in patients suffering from conditions like diabetes , high blood pressure, and cancer:”Because cancer cells cannot grow in an alkaline environment, some believe alkaline water may treat or prevent cancer.”
- A lot of alkaline water brands contain large amounts healthy minerals like potassium, magnesium, and calcium to accumulate high alkaline levels.
- The benefits of alkaline water brands are not fully backed by scientific research.
- Buying a water alkaline ionizing machine or specific alkaline water brands can tend to be a little expensive.
- The actual amount of alkaline needed to change the pH level in the body would end up causing negative effects.
- Too much alkaline in the body can have negative effects in the body like nausea, headaches, & diarrhea .
Alkaline water can be bought at your local store or online through various sources.
Top 10 Alkaline Water Brands (In order)
Evian Spring Water
pH Level: 7.0
- This high alkaline water comes straight from springs of Evian-Les- Bains, south of Lake Geneva.
- Owned and manufactured by a foreign French corporation.
Volvic Spring Water
pH Level: 7.0
- Originates from the Volcanoes Regional Natural Park of Auvergne.
- Comes from the rain water that seeps through six layers of volcanic rock: naturally filtering the water to perfection.
- Contains natural occurring minerals like magnesium, potassium and bicarbonates.
Zephyrhills Spring Water
pH Level: 7.5
- Originates from the Crystal Springs and Zephrhillis Florida.
- Manufactured by Nestle Water North America.
Super Chill Spring Water
pH Level: 7.5
- Cultivated in the natural springs of North America.
pH Level: 7.5
- Originates from a secret protected source.
- Offers a plethora of different water styles like sparkling, electrolyte enhanced, and natural spring.
Fiji Spring Water
pH Level: 7.7
- “One hundred percent of FIJI Water is from a single source in the pristine, tropical Fiji Islands, an archipelago of over 300 islands nestled in the South Pacific, more than 1600 miles from the nearest industrialized country. It is bottled at the source in the remote Yaqara Valley on the island of Viti Levu.”(Fijiwater.com)
Eternal Spring Water
- Originates from the naturally alkaline occurring springs of the Shasta Trinity Alps.
- Naturally occurring minerals associated with alkaline properties.
Real Water Ionized Water
pH Level: 8.0
- Uses technology to infuse the water with millions of electrons.
- Negatively ionized water is presumed to increase absorption in the body.
Evamor Spring Water
pH Level: 8.8
- Cultivated from a naturally accruing thousands of years old alkaline artesian aquifer in the USA
Essentia Ionized Water
- Scientifically proven to be better at rehydration than 95% of all other water brands.
- Water Undergoes the ionization process: purifying it to perfection.
- “The clinical trial, published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition (JISSN), measured how well a leading bottled water and Essentia Water rehydrated participants after moderate aerobic exercise. The results showed that Essentia Water was more effective at rehydrating.” (Essentiawater.com)
This concludes our post on the top 10 alkaline water brands on the market.
Hope you found this post helpful!
Feel free to comment below if you have any questions or concerns.