The Workout Body of Your Reality
Our goal at The Organic Playlist is to offer insight about not only what it means to live healthy, but into the everyday guides to an organic integration.
With that being said, one of the healthiest habits you can form is a frequent workout routine.
Here are just a few of the pros associated with daily fitness:
- Its been proven to release chemicals in your brain known as endorphins. This particular chemical is what you would call the “happy molecule” because its responsible and the culprit anytime you experience the emotion happiness.
- Increases blood oxygen levels to the brain. Its been proven that exercise and fitness are indeed a few key factors that increase blood flow to your brain for prolonged positive effects. Can really boost brain power of few notches!
- Improves ability to increase overall discipline in every aspect of life. Its been proven that the chemical in our brain that deals with resilience or mental stamina are indeed finite material. With this being said, recent scientific breakthroughs have also found that the finite resource can be increased over a period of time by subjecting yourself to any for of repetition that required minimum effort: “The mental stamina you build in your physical exercises will overflow to other aspects of your life and help you gain the confidence to overcome obstacles.” (WarriorCoach.com)
- Boost confidence levels. If you struggle with things like anxiety or feel that you lack the courage to finally talk to that girl or guy you’ve liked for the past two years, take a second to note that how you perceive yourself definitely affects your performance in everyday life. As you begin to see improvements, maybe that girl or guy that you assumed was out of your league wont seem so far-fetched.
- Sleep Better– Can’t sleep at night? Maybe you have too much energy and would benefit from using some of it for exercise. Avoid working out too late at night as some have complained of being a little too revved up. Shoot for early morning and evening workouts to greatly alleviate trouble sleeping.
- Strengthens immune system. “Physical activity may help flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways. This may reduce your chance of getting a cold, flu, or other illness. Exercise causes changes in antibodies and white blood cells (WBC). WBCs are the body’s immune system cells that fight disease.” (Medlineplus.gov)
As we face the impending epidemic known as obesity, some of us are left scrolling pass that refined Hollywood six-pack in awe of a body only in our dreams. As bills pile to the ceiling, and work demands ‘this much in exchange for your sou- ‘ I mean living expenses, the vast majority of us are stuck wondering if we’ll ever have time to think, let alone procure a gym membership.
A large portion of the uphill struggle about going to the gym is the fact that packing a gym bag, sweaty guys in small clothes in their natural habitat, physical requested manual labor, and beef head judgement all don’t sound the least bit flattering to your average everyday person., Although people can generally psych themselves out in this department, gym memberships do have a con: they take up extra time and cause unnecessary friction between you and the actual workout regime. Between actual preparation and distance from your house to the location, your looking at an extra hour or more of time a lot of us don’t have: sometimes making gyms downright inconvenient.
However, there is a very simple solution. One of the easiest ways to begin the transition from a sedentary lifestyle to a fitness one, is to first try working out at your own home. Contrary to popular belief, there are a numerous number of ways to stay fit. Not only can purchasing a gym membership be time-consuming and costly, it can be more intimidating to beginners.
So, with no further ado, we have our very own top 5 guides to an easy at home workout body:Which one will be the best at home workout? We’ll let you decide.
“Pull your torso up until the bar touches your upper chest by drawing the shoulders and the upper arms down and back. Exhale as you perform this portion of the movement. Tip:Concentrate on squeezing the back muscles once you reach the full contracted position. The upper torso should remain stationary as it moves through space and only the arms should move. The forearms should do no other work other than hold the bar.” (BodyBuilding.com)
One of your first investments that I suggest every man/women invest in, is a pull up bar. They are fairly easy to assemble and attach to just about anywhere that’s Convenient .
There are a wide a variety of pull ups one can do to achieve the maximum benefit. This is by far one of the best at home workouts because it basically works your entire upper body: back, lower back, chest, abs, shoulders, biceps, and triceps. If your looking for an easy way to get ripped, look no farther. Pull ups are you savior.
2. Push- Ups
- “Begin on your hands and toes, in full plank position, with your hands slightly to the sides of your shoulders.
- Engage your core muscles by trying to bring your belly button toward your spine, then slowly lower your body toward the ground while keeping your neck and spine aligned — no drooping allowed.
- When your chest is about the size of a fist away from the ground, slowly press back up to full plank position.”( Huffington Post, Sarah Klein. 8/28/2014)
It wouldn’t have been a complete workout guide unless we added probably the most famous of the pick: push-ups.
Push ups are great exercise and also share with pull ups the ability( if done right) to give you that full, all-purpose workout in one. They primarily target the pectoral and bi/triceps muscles while leaving the back and abs as the secondary target for a real full body exercise.
They’re easy, fast, and literally can be done anywhere. No excuses!
No, we’re not breaking into someone’s house for the night, we’re finally making our way down the best at home workout countdown.
Another great workout that can be done either at home or at work is the squat. These hefty full lower body workouts are no easy tasks and have been proven to provide great long term results in a short amount of time.
- Targets inner/outer thigh, groin, lower back, ab and glute muscles.
“Stand as tall as you can with your feet spread shoulder-width apart. (A)Lower your body as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees. Pause, then slowly push yourself back to the starting position. ” (Women’sHealthmag.com)”
4. Planks/Reverse Crunches
OK, we’ve shown you some basic workouts that can definitely bypass that scary old gym membership. Next up on the countdown is the primary abdominal area. If your very inquisitive, your probably wondering why sit-ups or regular crunches were not included. The answer is a simple one. Contrary to what the masses believe, crunches and other sit-up like exercises put a direct strain on your back. Most people assume that the obvious way to achieve that Hollywood killer six-pack is to pound day in and day out your abs with these insane ab crunch routines.
But hey don’t just take my word for it, Huffington Posts writes :”Imagine your spine is a credit card. In the same way that repeatedly flexing and extending a credit card will eventually lead to wearing out of the plastic, repeatedly doing crunches can put damaging strain on your back.”
Whether you want great abs or just OK abs. you want to focus more on having core strength instead of surface level ab strength.
- If your not very familiar with planking, you begin by lying flat face down on the floor
- As you extend upwards in push-up position, your place your elbows on each side as if your about to do an elbow push up.
- With your back lifted and straight, align with your feet. You are to hold that position for however long desired (you want to shoot for between 10-30 seconds in the beginning and slowly rise to a minute).
I know, I know we said no crunches but guess what? Not all crunches are bad. Some actually, if done right, can have a major impact on your core.
- First, you lay flat on your back.Legs fully extended.
- Second, you raise just your legs, with your arms extended in 180 degree lines opposite from your body.
- Lastly, you bring your legs up over your stomach until they are aligned with your head, then you come back down again till your back in the starting position.
Lastly, understand that you could have the best six-pack in the world under a giant beer belly of fat. These workouts and any workout must be accompanied with a proper diet to be the most effective. But, don’t freight, we here at Organic won’t leave you hanging, another post will be coming about the foods you should be eating while you move closer to your dream body.
5. Calf Raises
“While playing at Louisiana State University, Shaq did 1,000 calf raises before bed, and his vertical leap increased by 12 inches.” (Bodybuilding.com)
An extreme case I know but I want you take note to the “before bed” part. We all may not be looking to dunk on our opponents but we can surely all agree that calf raises are prime, easy, and convent at home workouts.
They are very simple and if done correctly can really give your inner and outer calf muscles a major workout.
- You start by placing your feet flat on the floor.
- Next, you add pressure to the upper part of your toes.
- Slowly, raise until you are fully balancing your weight on your toes.
- Lastly, slowly lower your feet until your in the original position.
For a standard workout you want to aim for at least 50-100 reps at least 2 or 3x per week.
Thank you for viewing our extreme countdown!
We will be doing a post at a later date going more into depth about different workout routines suited to building your dream body. Also, more exercises as well so you can find the best at home workout for you!
Don’t forget to integrate a little wellness into your life everyday.
Leave a comment below if you have any suggestions on fitness or what you think we should talk about next.
Best of Luck & Thanks for viewing,